Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Flatscreen Diet

If you know me, you know I don't like to cook unless it's for a lot of people. I guess you could say that I'm an event cook. It's not that I can't cook, I actually am a good cook, but I'd rather go out to eat. Someone else can do the work and clean up the mess. In the past two years I've put on twenty pounds. I'm certain I can attribute a lot of that to eating out.

Last weekend hubby and I bought a 52-inch Sony flatscreen. Okay, we're doing our part for the economy. :) Plus, hubby had saved his umpire wages all summer to buy one. We're not big movie wachers, but we do love to watch sports. This TV is as good as anything in a sports bar.

As a result, we've been staying home, and I've been--yup, it's true--cooking. I've already lost 2 pounds in four days. Even better, we've saved quite bit of money. So I'm calling this the flatscreen diet. I'll keep you posted as to the long-term effects.

On another note, stay tuned. I'm teaming up with Allie K. Adams and Wendi Darlin to do a free read featuring secondary characters from our books. We think you'll enjoy it.

No comments: