Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cleaning the House for the Housekeeper

Okay, I admit it. I'm envious.

Who am I envious of? Well, I'm envious of writers that don't have an additional full-time job and can dedicate their workdays to writing. I know its not their fault, and I don't hold it against them. I just wish I could be one of them. I don't see that happening in the near future, especially not in this economy and especially while I'm writing for small presses.

Somehow I've committed myself to write two single-title length books in six months. Authors who write full-time don't usually follow a schedule like that. I also ride my horse 3-4 times a week, and I have a lot of other social obligations. Add to this keeping my house clean and maintaining 3 acres, a barn, a yard, a garden. So today, my husband, who is no help whatsoever in keeping the house clean, in fact just the opposite, hired a housekeeper for me. I hate a messy house, but the more time I spend writing the worse it's gotten. So I'm really thrilled that I can check housecleaning off my to-do list.

There's one problem. I have to clean the house before the housekeeper starts. So I'd better get offline and get to work. She starts next week.

Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: