Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brenda Novak's Diabetes Auction

Four years ago my husband went to Iraq. When he came back, he was a diabetic. You see, he was hit by a roadside bomb. The concussion damaged his pancreas. So one minute it worked and the next it didn't. He was luckier than a lot of soldiers, at least he had his life, all of his limbs, and everything else was in good working order. Worst of all for him was that they medically discharged him from the Army. He didn't want to leave his troops over there without him, but he didn't get a choice.

Still, it was very hard for him to adjust. He didn't want to have this problem, and he fought it for a very long time. He has to take insulin and watch what he eats. He has to monitor his blood sugar and make sure he doesn't go too high or too low. It's been a very educational experience for both of us. I knew nothing about diabetes before I met him.

That's why I want to do my little part in advertising Brenda Novak's auction for diabetes research. I hope you'll take the time to stop by Brenda's website and bid on something. The bidding starts tomorrow (May 1) and runs through May 31.

http://www.brendanovak.com/auction_index.php

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Wow, Jami! I had no idea diabetes could be brought on like that. I know diabetes is a terrible disease that can be troublesome to live with, but thank goodness your husband's able to keep his under control.

And a BIG THANK YOU to him for his service and sacrifice for our country.

Brenda Novak's auction is great. It's nice of you to support it here. :)

Wendi Darlin