Monday, January 7, 2008

Confessions of Football Fan

I am a football fan. I have been a football fan since high school.

Is it my fault that my chosen football teams haven't exactly been the bastions of victory? Hey, as a Washington native, I'm a diehard Washington State Cougar and Seattle Seahawk fan.

Let's talk about the Hawks. I was there in 1976, when they were infants. I met Jim Zorn (their quarterback) at the local department store that summer before their first season while the Seahawks were on a whirlwind publicity tour of Washington State.

I've been with them through the good times (Superbowl) and the bad times (too many to mention, but let's talk about 3-win seasons). I was in the Kingdome when they played in their first playoff game in years and played the last game played in the Kingdome. Yup, I've been there. I've screamed my lungs out until I couldn't speak or hear. I've been part of that crowd that became infamous throughout the NFL. I've hoped and prayed and cried and laughed. I've done it all, and I never gave up.

I'll be in front of the TV this Saturday when the Hawks meet Green Bay. I love you, Brett, but I gotta root for the hometown boys.

GO HAWKS!!!!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I'll have a drink to your boys in green ... or is it blue ... or is it ... I'll just have a drink! Green Bay boo hiss... LOL! Actually a friend of mine from high school used to play for Green Bay. So while he was on the team I rooted for them ... or for him anyway. :D Have fun this weekend. I hope your boys don't disappoint. I'm in Bucs territory ...we're used to heartbreak.